I have a confession and maybe you can relate to it, too.
I don’t really like New Year’s Eve. There’s something about forced partying that leaves me cold…but (there’s always a but, right?) this year….
I’m celebrating the arrival of 2015 and I’m excited about it.
If you’ve been reading the blog for awhile now, you know that 2014 was NOT my most stellar year. Not only was I adjusting to a major move across the country but we went through a lot of STUFF!
1. Our house was flooded in the first Polar Vortex! (Still don’t know what the Polar Vortex was doing in Franklin.)
2. In the 2nd Polar Vortex our entire heating system went dead – I mean it literally died! Had to replace entire HVAC system.
3. Then my Mom fell and broke her foot and ankle and couldn’t do anything for a long time.
4. I ended my business and started all over.
5. And to top it all off – in May, water was seeping into the Master Bedroom through the front of the house and into our room and we were blessed with MOLD! I’m not going into details, but it was a mess!
I think that’s about enough for one year, don’t you? It was really a roller coaster ride of experiences. But as I look back on the year…there are so many amazing lessons and we had some really wonderful times, especially when family and friends came to visit us. I hope they know how much it meant to us.
We’re still standing. Our house is better now than when we bought it. We have new friends. We know our way around. Our friends from Los Angeles come to visit us. I don’t feel lost anymore and I’ve learned that I’m a whole lot stronger than I ever imagined…plus each day brings new experiences into my life.
We MADE it through. So YEP…this December 31st, I’m making a beautiful dinner…we’re drinking champagne…we’re thanking the year for the lessons learned and I’m kissing 2014 good-bye…but I’m doing it at home in my comfy clothes. Through all of the STUFF we know that we are truly blessed.
Here’s a few of my favorite photos from 2014.
I hope your 2015 is wonderful. I hope you find blessings in the everyday…in the moments…in your friends…in your family…in the possibility of all that can be. Let’s dream BIG this year…let’s lift each other up…let’s find joy in simple things.
I’m excited for 2015! How about you?
Receive all the latest news about Franklin PLUS my FREE Report Must Attend Franklin EVENTS!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email plus your free report Must Attend Franklin Events.