There’s a whole lot of hoopla that accompanies Mother’s Day and not nearly as much for Father’s Day. I find it odd since fathers are such an important part of the family unit. Ask anyone who has an involved, loving father and I’m pretty sure the response will be the same. “My Dad is awesome!”
The problem is that the awesome Dad is sometimes difficult to buy for. So here’s my Father’s Day quick gift guide in Franklin, Tennessee. If you don’t live in Franklin…some on line shopping will do the trick, but don’t wait.
Father’s Day is June 15!
This year forget boring and give Dad something he’ll have fun with.
1. Yeti Cooler – The grand-daddy of all coolers are built to last a lifetime. If Dad likes to tailgate or camp, this is the ultimate gift. You’ll want to pool your money, but it’s worth every penny. It’s available at Bink’s Outfitters in Downtown Franklin or at Yeti Coolers on line. Starting at $249.
2. Cool Dad Stuff – Silver Steer & Co has a whole lot of hard-to-find things for Dad. There are things for making cocktails…manly cookbooks, sentimental gifts perfect from a daughter…unique socks for the Dad who likes to stand out…and a whole lot more. Silver Steer is one of my favorite shops in Franklin (actually Cool Springs) and it’s my go to place for the “hard to shop for” person. Wide price range for any budget.
3. Columbia Tamiami Short Sleeve Shirt – designed for cool comfort and functionality; these shirts are lightweight, wick away moisture, have sun-shielding technology and venting in the back. Plus, they come in a host of summer colors. Available at Bink’s Outfitters. $40. If you don’t live here…check out Columbia on line.
4. If your Dad likes Wine…bourbon…moonshine..whiskey…ale or some other libation head on over to Red Dog Wine & Spirits and chat with guys at my favorite wine and liquor store. They’ll help you pick the perfect gift for Dad…so don’t be shy and ask. Wide price range.
5. How about a tie? Not just any old tie, but a handmade neck or bow tie designed by David Arms and handmade by Otis James of Nashville. They’re made from vintage fabrics and they are no more than 4 of any tie. If you’re Dad wears ties…this is truly special. Available at David Arms Gallery in Leiper’s Fork.
6. If Dad likes meat, steaks delivered to the door are a perfect gift. I’ve tried a lot of companies and my favorite is Omaha Steaks. You purchase them on line. Their Father’s Day Feast begins at $59.99.m
7. Indulge Dad with a gift package from The Loveless Cafe. Give the Bacon Sampler, Smokehouse Special or Piggy Popcorn (candied bacon popcorn) a try. This will please the whole family. You can order on line or visit the shop and purchase there.
8. Is Dad a golfer? Give a round of golf…it doesn’t matter where you get the gift certificate; if Dad likes to golf, he’ll love this gift because it says…take care of yourself.
9. Pamper Dad? Some Dads like pampering and some love a manicure/pedicure, but they don’t treat themselves. You can give this gift certificate in any city of the U.S.A. but in Franklin, my favorite nail place is The Nail Bar.
10. And finally…give the gift of Love…a photo of you and your Dad…a sapling tree that together you watch grow…a recording telling Dad how special he is in your life.
Love is FREE and it’s the greatest gift of all.
I’d give anything if I could give one more Father’s Day gift or card to my Dad…if I could share one more day with him and hear his voice just one more time.
Don’t wait until the last minute.
Happy Father’s Day to all my friends who are Dads!
Please share your Father’s Day thoughts with me below. I love to know what you’re thinking.
Receive all the latest news about Franklin PLUS my FREE Report Must Attend Franklin EVENTS!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email plus your free report Must Attend Franklin Events.